Saturday, September 10, 2011

These are a few of my favorite (and not so favorite) things....

So I suppose many of you have taken college classes.  If you have, I can only assume, that you have taken a college exam.  So of course you know about the trick.  YOU KNOW!!!  The trick that college professors use to weed out the ones who are truly paying attention, from the ones who are just clock watching.  They drone on and on senselessly for 44 minutes and 56 seconds about stuff that hardly matters, then in the LAST FIVE MINUTES OF CLASS they bring out the big stuff.  The important information you rarely hear, and if you do hear it, you seldome retain it.  The next time you see it is on the final worth 75% of your grade and you wonder where the heck this stuff came from.  I am a firm believer in this.  I perk up the last 10 minutes of class, waiting on the tidbit that will make the difference between an AWESOME GRADE, and merely a pass.  Because of course I would never fail.  So it is TRULY ANNOYING when half the class begins to pack up notebooks, textbooks, backpacks and purses in that last five minutes.  It is distracting as well as incredibly RUDE to the professor who is still talking excitedly about his/her chosen topic of study.  These younger students are not even discreet about it, slamming books shut and zipping bags loudly without regard to the fact that I am hanging on to every word about the RISE OF INDUSTRIAL AMERICA.  I am the totally uncool old person in the front row who looks back and gives dirty looks to all the people, and one day soon I think I may lose it and scream, "DO YOU REALLY HAVE TO JUMP UP AND RUN OUT THE DOOR AS SOON AS HE STOPS TALKING????  HE ALREADY THINKS HIS CLASS ENDS AT 11:00 INSTEAD OF 11:05, SO YOU ARE STILL GETTING OUT FIVE MINUTES EARLY NO MATTER WHAT!!!  GIVE ME A BREAK!!!"  As you can see, this kind of irks me.

However, other than this I have several things that I absolutely LOVE about LAMAR! 
I love the fabulous new recreational center for everyone.  I have used it 3 days a week without fail, running, lifting weights, and one day soon I hope to have the courage to try out the 23-foot climbing wall.  It beats the old gym hands down, and I LOVE IT!!!

I love the relaxed atmosphere at Lamar.  No one freaks out or arrests you if you walk on the grass, or climb on the benches, or.....nevermind.  Let's just say, the atmosphere is really nice.  I saw a couple of people laying down on the grass under a tree right next to the sidewalk, and wanted to join them in their cloudwatching.  Some universities are a bit more stringent about where you walk, sit, etc.

I love the new coffee shop type place with wi-fi, and I really love the EZ RIDERS, a fabulous concoction of egg and cheese on toast that is grilled with so much butter I can feel it EZ Riding all the way to my hips. 

Right now, I think the favorites definitely outweigh the not so muches, and this is where I should be.  However, ask me again after I start taking tests.

1 comment:

  1. I think I would be the same way if I went back to school. I would want to yell at those kids you better enjoy this now before you have to go to the real world with so much responsibilty!

    ReplyDelete